Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pasta with Spinach & Tomato


One of my all time favorite quick fix meals is this easy pasta recipe. I normally make it before I have to work at the restaurant when I am short on time. While the water is boiling I prep the other ingredients. I typically use a pasta such as angel hair because it cooks quickly, and it is my favorite. While the pasta is cooking, I slightly cook the garlic and spinach which I then toss with the pasta and the remaining ingredients when the pasta is finished cooking. I just love the combination of the spinach, tomatoes, garlic and parmesan cheese. And for those of you that like a little heat, like myself, add a dash of crushed red pepper. This recipe is extremely quick, easy, and tasty. Perfect for anyone who wants something delicious in a short amount of time.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 of a box of angel hair pasta
  • 3 small-medium cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 3 cups baby spinach, washed
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
Garnish

  • parmesan cheese
  • crushed red pepper

Directions
  1. Heat a pot of salted water over high heat until boiling. Cook pasta according to package.
  2. While water is heating, mince the garlic, dice the tomatoes, and wash the spinach.
  3. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet until a piece of the garlic sizzles. Add the remaining garlic and cook for 45 seconds. Be careful not the burn the garlic. Then add the spinach and stir. The spinach will start to wilt. Stir until most of the spinach is a little wilted. Then remove from heat.
  4. Drain the pasta and return pasta to the pot. Pour the spinach, garlic and olive oil mixture over the pasta. Add the tomatoes and toss. Spoon into bowls and top with parmesan cheese and red pepper if desired. Enjoy!

This will serve 2 people as a main course and 4 as a side dish.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea,
    What a great simple dish. The Moretti family loved it! Keep the recipes coming, I need all the help I can get!
    Love,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete