This meatloaf was something I created to give ground turkey a little bit more flavor. This recipe is easy, flavorful, and healthy. Another perk is that the ingredients I purchased to make this recipe were fairly cheap. In this meatloaf I combined zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, bread crumbs, and feta cheese. I just love the taste of feta cheese when incorporated in meats. It is a salty cheese so there is no need to add salt to this recipe. Also the addition of the vegetables in this meatloaf keeps the ground turkey nice and moist, which can normally dry out very easily. My family loved this recipe and I hope yours does too! I served it with a side of garlic mashed potatoes.
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut each half again lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 jumbo egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add onions, mushrooms, and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring veggies every now and then. After 5 minutes reduce heat to medium and sprinkle veggies with a little black pepper.
- Cook veggies 2 more minutes then add the garlic. Cook veggies for 2-3 more minutes stirring occasionally until tender, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add the ground turkey, beaten egg, worcestershire, and bread crumbs. Mix together until incorporated. Then add the veggies, and feta cheese and mix well.
- Put meat and veggie mixture into an ungreased, 1 1/2 quart oven safe dish. Pack down and form into a loaf shape.
- Put it in the oven uncovered and let it cook for 1 hour. Serve when ready, and enjoy!